Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Doctored Pizza

I'm sure you've been there... shopping at a warehouse store, feeling uninspired and unmotivated to cook dinner from scratch for one reason or another (mine today being I've finally succumbed to the plague that has infected my family). And then you see it: the take-and-bake pepperoni pizza, on sale for $5.99, and you think, "Now that I can work with."

I have have a hard time pointing out any health benefits of pepperoni pizza, but I do know how to make it healthier. I have always argued that pizza can be a perfectly complete meal: it certainly covers all the food groups when you do it right. So, when life gives you pepperoni pizza, make combination! At our house tonight, that means add spinach, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and feta (to everyone but Big C's quarter--he likes apples sliced on to his when it comes out of the oven).





So, the lesson is: none of us can do it perfect all of the time, but we can always make it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment